Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Sensationalism

Dicionary.com defines sensationalism as "subject matter, language, or style producing or designed to produce startling or thrilling impressions or to excite and please vulgar taste," and that's exactly what it is. So how do we know what exactly the story is and what's just enhancing it?
Well, we don't.

Every time I look at a news app on my phone, or watch the news on TV, or read a newspaper, half the stories don't really matter that much.

For example, I was just readin in my New York Times application on my iPhone, and there was a story about a man's restaurant and his pasta. He has such a special woman that makes the pasta in the resaurant. I would love to see this kind of story on the Travel Channel if I were watching an episode of something like "Pasta Paradise," but on the New York Times? Really?

Now, some people might enjoy to see these "interesting" stories on top news headlines, but me? I'd rather see something like world news or polotics.

No comments:

Post a Comment